Cuttings | Forage/ramial/bee Willow Bundle
A mix of willow cuttings for animal fodder, bee fodder or ramial wood chips made of three (3) each of 4 cultivars.
Please note these will be sent during the winter but separately to fruit trees
Out of stock
Contains a mix of willows suitable for use as animal fodder, as bee fodder and to cut to make ramial wood chips. Mix includes
- Egyptian Willow x3
- Japanese Fodder Willow x3
- Willow Moutere x3
- Willow 2 x3
Simply push the sticks/cuttings into the ground where you want to grow them, (half of the cutting in the ground) better in a wettish place. Then coppice (cut them off right down just above the ground) each year for firewood.
Forest Gardens are orchards designed in such a way so the needs of the heavy bearing heavy feeding fruit trees are taken care of in the design.
We do this by:
- Ensuring no more than 60% of the canopy space is taken up by heavy feeders. We prefer 40%.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder canopy there is 0.8 of a square metre of nitrogen fixer.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder there is 1 comfrey plant.
- You have all seven (7) layers of the forest garden present.
- You have as wide a range of mineral accumulators present.
For more details about this see the Kōanga Design Your Own Forest Garden Booklet