Kōanga 12 month Internships are a wonderful opportunity to fully engage with a team of people learning to live in ways that regenerate the ecology and all life around them by the way they live
Kōanga’s Mission is to inspire, encourage and support regenerative self-reliant communities by:
- protecting, developing and sharing our NZ heritage food plants, and animals
- researching, experiencing and sharing knowledge on regenerative systems
- engaging with others to facilitate the adoption of a regenerative culture
Kaupapa of Internships
Koanga 12 month Internships are a wonderful opportunity to fully engage with a team of people learning to live in ways that regenerate the ecology and all life around them by the way they live. It is an opportunity to learn many skills which you can then take back to your own community, and potentially an opportunity to create employment for yourself or even take a job at Koanga. You will get out of this what you put in, and we will support you in any way that we can… we are committed to training people in key fields that feel critical for the future. We are looking for highly motivated Interns who are out to support and be a huge part of the “Regeneration Revolution”
These internships are unique as you are not only learning from experienced experts in your desired area of focus but you are also sitting within the wider Kōanga framework and could immerse yourself in far wider learning than your specific internship will provide, including all aspects of soil health, crop health and human health, and many other aspects, as well as experiencing living simply.
Internships can be suitable for couples wanting to learn together.
We have a range of possibilities;
- Forest Garden Internship (begins May each year)
- Tree Nursery Internship (begins May each year)
- Kōanga Best Practice Seed Saving and Food Production Internship (begins Jan)
- Wwoofing / Internships in Hokianga (these are not for a year – for info e-mail [email protected])
Spaces are strictly limited and we ask that if you are interested you e-mail [email protected] and request an internship application form or to be put on the mailing list for internships as they become available