Bulbs Coates Family Heirloom Collection
SHIPMENT DATE: FEBRUARY (Bulbs are sent once a year in February) Orders received will be placed on a first come first serve basis.
Family: OTHER- BULBS (Amaryllidaceae)
Genus & Species: Mix
Out of stock
Heritage Status: New Zealand
Bio-Region of Origin: Northland
Quantity: 20 bulbs
Description: A mix of heirloom bulbs. These bulbs were all collected from a property at the base of Pukekaroro, a reserve across the road from where Koanga Gardens used to be based near Kaiwaka. The site used to be owned by the Coates family. The bulbs are pretty special. Apart from the snow drops they all have outstanding scents and are really old varieties.
- Snow drops Classic white bells with green dots around them.
- Paper Whites Multiheaded, 5 single white petals with a white centre.
- Bacon and eggs Multiheaded, very double, yellow centres.
- Sol d’or Multiheaded, yellow petals with gold centres.
- Jonquil Pale lemon petals with yellow centre.
To help you decide which varieties will be best for you.
This excerpt from the Koanga Garden Guide is filled with valuable information.
Planting Instructions: Prefer well drained soil. Plant at around 10cm apart at twice the depth that the bulb is high (eg if bulb is 6cm high plant at 12 cm deep).