Koanga Psyllid Solution 500g
This non-toxic organic spray is an absolute must for everybody wanting to grow potatoes, tomatoes, tamarillos or peppers in New Zealand. If you don’t have the psyllids, you probably soon will. This product is a very finely ground, water soluble version of diatamaceous earth, and is applied as a foliar spray. Contains 85%silicon dioxide in the form of dispersible powder. Highly effective against a large range of insect pests. This will make enough spray to cover 100sqm eight times.
Directions for Use:–
Dissolve at a rate of 100g per 5 litres of water, and use this on 125sq m of garden area.-
Use a back pack sprayer to apply to plants evenly, and ensure a good coverage of the ground and plant, with uniform coverage of both the upper and lower leaf surfaces. Insects must come into direct contact with the solution to be effective, so good coverage is important.-
Maybe washed away by heavy rainfall, so if rain falls after an application, another application may be applied if insect pressure has not abated.
- This product can have an adverse effect on beneficial insects such as bees, so avoid spraying during flowering.
- Do not spray if there is likelihood of rain
- When mixing and applying ensure that you constantly agitate the solution to avoid any settling out.
- Koanga Psyllid Solution has very low toxicity, but does possess a dust hazzard. This is most likely to occur during transfer into the water. Please take precautions and wear a dust mask and eye protection.
- Avoid contamination of water supply.
|Crop|| Pests Psyllid Solution
is effective against
Potatoes Psyllids Start applying from leaf development until plant dieback every
Aphids 10-14 days. Plant crops as early as possible to minimise psyllid damage.
Tamarillos Psyllids Start applying once conditions are suitable for insect infestation
Aphids (warmer weather). Apply a minimum of 3 times at 10-14 day intervals.
Vegetables Chewing & sucking Start applying at first sign or in anticipation of insect problem.
(general) insects Spray at 10-14 day intervals until pressure is gone.
Curcuribts Aphids Start applying once conditions are suitable for insect infestation
Whitefly (warmer weather). Spray at 10-14 day intervals until pressure is gone.