Lupin | Perennial Blue | root trainer
Lupinus perennis (Wild Lupine)
Nitrogen fixing support species
Suitable for urban forest gardens
15 in stock
A showy perennial boasting narrow, elongated clusters of usually deep blue, pea-like flowers from mid-spring to mid-summer.
Forest Gardens are orchards designed in such a way so the needs of the heavy bearing heavy feeding fruit trees are taken care of in the design.
We do this by:
- Ensuring no more than 60% of the canopy space is taken up by heavy feeders. We prefer 40%.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder canopy there is 0.8 of a square metre of nitrogen fixer.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder there is 1 comfrey plant.
- You have all seven (7) layers of the forest garden present.
- You have as wide a range of mineral accumulators present.
For more details about this see the Koanga Design Your Own Forest Garden Booklet