Chinese Red Bud Sorry not available
Cercis Cinensis root trainer
Out of stock
Nitrogen fixer. Dwarf large shrub or small upright growing tree. Large light green heart shaped leaves turn bright yellow in autumn. A profusion of deep cerise pink pea shaped flowers stud the bare branches for an extended period in early spring. Ideal for small spaces, and urban gardens… very beautiful trees.
Forest Gardens are orchards designed in such a way so the needs of the heavy bearing heavy feeding fruit trees are taken care of in the design.
We do this by:
- Ensuring no more than 60% of the canopy space is taken up by heavy feeders. We prefer 40%.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder canopy there is 0.8 of a square metre of nitrogen fixer.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder there is 1 comfrey plant.
- You have all seven (7) layers of the forest garden present.
- You have as wide a range of mineral accumulators present.
For more details about this see the Koanga Design Your Own Forest Garden Booklet