Amur Maakia | root trainer sorry not available
Amur Maackia (Maackia amurensis),
Out of stock
Nitrogen fixer, grows to 6-7m tall, multiple long branchless thin trunks that can be coppiced to provide ground durable posts, don’t take up any canopy space in forest garden because their leaves are light and airy, particularly valuable in areas with very high water tables, loved by a myriad of insects including bees.
Forest Gardens are orchards designed in such a way so the needs of the heavy bearing heavy feeding fruit trees are taken care of in the design.
We do this by:
- Ensuring no more than 60% of the canopy space is taken up by heavy feeders. We prefer 40%.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder canopy there is 0.8 of a square metre of nitrogen fixer.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder there is 1 comfrey plant.
- You have all seven (7) layers of the forest garden present.
- You have as wide a range of mineral accumulators present.
For more details about this see the Koanga Design Your Own Forest Garden Booklet