Abelia grandiflora | root trainer
Small root trainer
Out of stock
A fast growing bush with glossy green foliage. Has fragrant tubular flowers that are white tinged with pink. Wonderful bee plant in late summer. Excellent hedging plant. Soft stems that are easy to trim into a hedge.
Forest Gardens are orchards designed in such a way so the needs of the heavy bearing heavy feeding fruit trees are taken care of in the design.
We do this by:
- Ensuring no more than 60% of the canopy space is taken up by heavy feeders. We prefer 40%.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder canopy there is 0.8 of a square metre of nitrogen fixer.
- For every square metre of heavy feeder there is 1 comfrey plant.
- You have all seven (7) layers of the forest garden present.
- You have as wide a range of mineral accumulators present.
For more details about this see the Koanga Design Your Own Forest Garden Booklet